Witches On The Water Event Details for 2023
- Location and launch point: Oyster Pond Beach, Chatham Ma. Map: Oyster Pond Beach
- Date: October 7, 2023
- Time: Sat, Oct 7th 2023 at 10:00 AM.
- Check in begins at 10:00 AM at Chatham’s Oyster Pond Beach on Stage Harbor Road
- Paddling Parade starts at 12:00 PM
- Live Music from 1:00 to 3:00
- Event ends at 3:00 PM
Checking In To The Event:
When you arrive, you will be directed where to drop your boards and then where to park. Please be sure your board and paddle are labeled with your name and address and/or phone number. (Our favorite potion? Use painter’s tape because it doesn’t leave sticky goo!)
All paddlers must register to join us. When you register you will be required to donate a $50 registration fee. this amount supports the Witches in holding the event. Each paddler must then raise a minimum of $250 which will go to our recipient. This can be from yourself or by inspiring others to donate.
How To Prepare and What to Wear
Come dressed in your finest Witch regalia (or whatever character you choose to be), bring your own SUP (or kayak or paddle boat or any other self-powered aquatic vehicle). This is not a race, just a fun paddle parade!
$50 registration fee for each magical paddler. Each registered participant is required to raise a minimum of $250 which will benefit Cape Abilities. Register on-line beginning August 15, 2023.
Please make all checks payable to Witches On the Water, Inc.
Winning Prizes and Having Fun:
Winners for most money raised, and best costume announced throughout the event.
Pictures and Social Media – Help promote the event!
- Take pictures and videos of the event and share them on social media with the tag: WOW2023 and be sure to tag us so we can share to our website!
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/witchesonthewater/
We will have at the event:
- A whole bunch of magical witches on SUP’s!
- The ever-enchanting DJ Stephanie Viva from X1023.fm
- Spellbinding Live Music
- Fantastical Food Trucks
- Mysterious Raffles (including a SUP raffle!)
- Weird and Wonderful Costume Contest
- Mystical Photo Opportunities!
* Must be 18 years or older
**As per order of the Harbor Master, every paddler must wear a life vest and a board leash. No exceptions!